söndag 15 maj 2011

Pink!

Feel your heartbeat

It's Sunday night and it's the end of another great Eurovision week. My friends all know I'm crazy about Eurovison, it starts in feb already, when the Swedish contest begins, and ends now, sometime in May.
I love Eurovison cos it has so much. Music of course, is the main thing, and I LOVE music. But it's also the idea of all countries coming together and having a great time and party for a week. Represent different cultures, styles and ideas. Everyone has different opinions about the songs, and everyone is right. A bunch of friends sitting together and see all the crazy, beautiful clothes and shows, and listen to both really crap and also really good music. It's a week filled with lots of emotions!

This year I invited my friends over on both the semi finals and the big finale on Saturday. On the Tuesday I baked some cool pink cakes, they where really easy to make and tasted great! You can find the recipe here (swedish only sorry) 
I also made a tiger cake and put some red colour in it, then it looked like this.

On the Thursday the semi final was in my opinion of much higher quality then the first one, altough the amazing Azerbaijan where in the first. It was a really tight show, and a totally nerve wrecking moment when the host read out the countries that had made it to the final!!! Sweden was read last and u could here our sigh of relief to Germany! We later learnt that Sweden actually won the second final!
On the Thursday I baked chocolate banana muffins :)

And then the big finale on Saturday! Since the contest this year was held in Düsseldorf, I wanted to serve a german buffet. I got some nice ideas from my friend Bettina, thanks! :)
I tried to make Bretzels, but that didn't go so well, but the rest was a success! I'm definitly going to make sauerkraut again, it was really tasty. Though I havn't tasted it before so I can't tell if it tasted the way it was suppose to...........I also served strawberry yoghurt, some german sausages and salami and home made potato salad.




It was an awsome evening!!! Me and the guests had a great time, and the contest was fantastic! There where lots of good songs, my favourites where of course Azerbaijan, though I liked Hungary alot. Also Estonia, Ireland, UK, Moldovia, Finland and Schweiz. I thought Sweden had a great song, Eric Saade is the cutest ever! But I really thought that both UK and Ireland would beat us. But they didn't. We came in 3rd place! It's totally crazy, and I'm really happy for Eric, what a start for a young singer! For you Johnettes out there, another highlight of the evening was that Gavin tweeted that he voted for Sweden!

I had big plans this year to go to Düsseldorf, but the tickets where sold out on the first day so never got the chance. And next year I really cant afford to go to Baku, so I better start to think about new pink cakes!

Inga kommentarer: