söndag 24 juli 2011

Rest now my friend, I'll watch your heart til we meet again

Bedtime on Sunday night. Bedtime that marks the end of a sad week.
The news of passing of a online friend, the terrible events that took place in Norway.

I was chocked by the news of the Oslo bombing, watching pictures and videos of  a town so near me, a town I visited, torn apart. There is so much evil in this world, and I hurt everytime I read about it, but it's a fact that it does hurt more the closer it gets.
Then I'm on Twitter, and reading a couple of retweets about people hiding and throwing themselfes into the water cos someone is shooting at them. I thoughts are wtf, where could this be? And then I realize, it's a youth political summer camp in Norway. A peaceful island transformed into a horrormovie, except it's real. People, youth, eating ice cream and laughing, sees a policeman coming towards them, raising his gun. The horror they face. The horror they must live with all their lives. The horror 85 people died with.

The morning after I bike to work. Meets two young men walking towards me in the street. One of them carries something in his hand wich he starts wawing with. For a sec, I freeze. Then I realise it's just a pair of ores. When you have laid in your bed crying and thinking of thoose youths, it's easy to think the worse.
But if one man can do so much damage, so much pain with his hate, then imagine what a billion people can do with love.  Fear can freeze us for a time, but the warmth of us all standing together, standing up for a free and loving world, can melt an ice age.

Inga kommentarer: